Tuesday, January 13, 2009

child of mine.

I am currently listening to 'child of mine' by Carol King. This is my mom's song to me. She played it at my 13th birthday party for the first time. I was too young to understand or appreciate it. But every time I hear this damn song tears dance along my eye lids. My mother will be the one to walk me down the aisle when I get married, whenever that day may be. (not exactly traditional but she has done everything for me, she has lived her whole life for me, even though its annoying at times, I appreciate her) And I have my entire wedding planned out to the tiniest detail (dont judge me, im a typical girl, its what we do).. but that is another blog another day..

Next on the playlist is Tony Bennett - the way you look tonight
then Nat King Cole - unforgettable
Ray Charles - Georgia on my mind
Al Green - lets stay together

I am totally into classic music like this, unforgettable is one of my favorite songs in the entire world, there is something magical about it, this type of music will be played by a live band at my wedding as well, as cliche as that may seem, I dont care, a wedding in general is a cliche ceremony so I can have typical music for a typical ceremony if i want to .. =) (oops there I go again) I was just talking to a friend of mine who is getting married and she was giving deets so it is fresh on my mind, sorry. i love weddings... i would go to one every day if i could. they are so whimsical.

The thing I love most about this music, is no matter how bad of a day you are having, no matter what stress you are under, play this, and all your troubles disappear, for that 3 mintues anyways. =)

No comments: